- Variety of Citrus Fruit
- Triple Sec
- Jello Mix
- Sea Salt
1. Prepare Jello as the box instructs but replace the 1 cup of cold water with 3/4 cup of cold tequila and 1/4 cup triple sec.
2. While you wait for the water to boil for your Jello mix, begin slicing citrus in half. Using a combination of a knife and a spoon, remove the fruit from the peel being careful not to cut yourself. Keep the fruit on the cutting board and do not hold it in the palm of your hand to cut. Those knives slip easily.
3. Place the hollowed out peels on a tray (preferably one with a little bit of a lip to keep the fruit from falling off)
4. Carefully pour the Jello mixture into the citrus shells. We transferred our mix from the bowl to a pyrex liquid measuring cup because of the spout which made the pouring a lot less messy. Jello is sticky.
5. Place the tray in the freezer (don't judge me for the contents of my fridge) and allow the Jello to set firmly. We left them in approximately an hour.
6. After the mixture has set, remove from freezer and slice the halves in half again (quarters) using a very sharp knife to get a nice clean cut.
7. Serve with sea salt for those who enjoy that kinda thing. Or just have 'em straight up.